97 4X4 expy engine swap to a 98 4X4 F150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdougie

Reaction score
It's done! well kind of! What would take me a week 30 years ago took a month. Any help from "true" expy genius would be appreciated.

Issues are: stumbles around at idle intermittently - sometimes acts like it wants to die but never does, not really a hard misfire. seems to be good when powered but fuel consumption is less than the old dying engine that had 226K on it - the 98 engine only has 90K. P0155 code but I fixed all exhaust issues that would relate to this

Unfinished biz: extra vac port on throttle body (back middle) but no line to go to it "plugged it", extra line coming off the water tube from the back of the pump to the heater hose (3/4" one) but no place to hook up to "plugged it", extra vac line coming from PCV junction with no mate "plugged it", extra vac port due to a "T" in bottom pass side of throttle body with no connection that would feasibly reach it "plugged it.

thanks MD

OP
OP
M

mrdougie

Reaction score
looking for possible causes.... feedback from the experts on what differences are (may be) on vac routing from 1997 EB 4X4 and a 1998 F150 4X4. I can't find any leaks and what what a single code before has blossemed to 8, all O2 related, mostly lean related. thanks

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had issues with a car once throwing P0155 on one sensor. I tried changing sensors around, and swapped them from place to place but that one location still threw the same code. Watching live data on my scanner it would run just fine then the voltage would all of a sudden go wacky. Wound up running a new wire from the computer to the o2 sensor and that fixed it. haven't had a code in years. It was in the harness somewhere. Food for thought.....