97 Expedition-90 day review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1997 Expedition XLT, 5.4, four wheel drive
Color-Oxford White
Price-1500.00
Mileage-180,000 miles
Current-182,000 miles
We had my wife's Kia Sedona and my 2008 Chevy Trailblazer, that spent more time in the driveway than on the road. We sold the Kia and the wife took over the Trailblazer. I bought the Expy as a spare vehicle. I have a city car I drive mostly but wanted another vehicle for my daughter's out of town softball games.
The Expy was a single owner, originally purchased in Michigan but has been in NC for most of its life. The truck is in great shape, both inside and out, just normal wear. The only issues were a chatter from the rear end when turning a corner and the heat/AC wouldn't work.
In the last 90 days, I have replaced the blend door, changed the oil, transfer case fluid, power steering fluid and differentials. I also did a tune up since I didn't know if one was ever done. The old plugs had gaps ranging from .065 to .075, a little worn.
For being 16 years old, this is one of the best built trucks out there. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this truck across country in a moments notice. My wife and youngest daughter like it better then the 2008 Trailblazer. It rides great and pulls like a horse.
My future plans/repairs are a new radio. The current one pops when the truck is started or cut off. I'm going to replace the shock and rebuild the front end. The bushings are old and cracked. I want new tires with a more aggressive tread. I also plan on Plasti-dipping the grill and rims along with getting fender flairs, something to break up the plain white exterior.

The Pawnbroker

Reaction score
I'm having a similar experience with the one I bought recently. This is really a great vehicle and better handling than I expected. For some reason I thought they were kind of a "thrown" together answer to the fact that Chevy sells so many Suburbans. But that's not the case at all. It's a well designed truck. Mine has 133K miles on it and I would drive it anywhere also.

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Best car I ever owned! I have had mine for 11 years and supercharged for 10. It has never let me down. I did rebuild the tranny in it a few weeks ago but even tyhen it didnt let me down. The OD light was flashing and it annoyed me. I think the only way id drive something else is if i total this one and even then id just buy another one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT