97 Expedition is ******* me off!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last week i chased down my miss fire to #3 and #7 changed the cop's and it drove fine for 3 days. Now on my way to work today while going up a hill i lost some power. Felt a miss fire but no cel. It did it about 4 times and thew no check engine light.... Now what do i do?

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I wouldn't rule out more bad cops. I ended up replacing all of them a month before I sold the truck. The last one that acted up didn't throw any codes at all.

OP
OP

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So it still could be a coil? I thought they would throw a cel. Well so far i replaced 1 2 3 6 and 7. When i replaced 6 and 7 it runs way better because i had no power at all no even if going down hill but now its seems like it is comes and goes. I have a new coil just sitting in my tool box so i will replace #5 and see what happens but 4 and 8 are a ***** to get to.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get quite a few misfires (haven't gotten around to the tune-up) and it does not throw codes for them. As far as I can tell, it will only throw a code if the cylinder is completely dead, as in missing every cycle.

OP
OP

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i just went out to lunch and as i was going up a hill my cel started to flash i felt a slight miss fire but i did not loose any power. after i came to a stop the light went out then about 3 min later i lost power and the light started to flash again now the light stays on constant.

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a bad tps will not create a misfire. Ive never seen a obd2+ vehicle have a bad tps and no fail code for a bad tps

steve66

Reaction score
Dont know if its the same or not but for an 02 f150 with a 5.4 a P1309 code is a misfire monitor disabled.It's usually generated due to the imput signal generated by the cam position sensor,by sensing the passage of teeth from the cmp wheel.Possible causes are the camshaft position sensor,powertrain control module,ECT,MAF,and ckp sensors.Hope this helps.

OP
OP

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you, and yes it did help because i was thinking about the camshaft sensor, i had to replace that on my grand cherokee last year because off bad misfires and backfires, and yesterday i went to pepboys and got a scanner and checked it and came up with p0303 and p0307.