97 Expedition is ******* me off!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I gapped them at .050. And i changed the camshaft sensor and that did not help so yesterday i took out the plugs to check the gap and guess what i found, #3 hole was filled with water to the point where the plug had rust covering the top of the plug. And the same with #5 and 7. So the take the plugs out clean them spray them with some wd40 along with the springs in the coils and spray inside the spark plug holes and reinstall them................... Fixed the problem.

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I gapped them at .050. And i changed the camshaft sensor and that did not help so yesterday i took out the plugs to check the gap and guess what i found, #3 hole was filled with water to the point where the plug had rust covering the top of the plug. And the same with #5 and 7. So the take the plugs out clean them spray them with some wd40 along with the springs in the coils and spray inside the spark plug holes and reinstall them................... Fixed the problem.

maybe someone shampooed the engine? we learned not to do that the hard way with a crown vic

OP
OP

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont know how the water is getting in, i assume from where the hood and the firewall/windshield vent is because coils 3 and 7 sit right there.