97 Expedition radio trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright, forgive me for being OCD....

I've got a 97 Expedition that I inherited from a relative. There is a big spot on the radio trim bezel where the paint has worn off. I've tried to find a replacement off of ebay but it is hard to find an exact match (I have no 4WD switch), and models after 1998 won't fit (learned that the hard way). Does anyone have any recommendations as far as something aftermarket or even a way to repaint it ?

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sometimes you can hit up the dealer for interior color match dye spray cans for touching up or "refreshing" an interior. If you don't mind possibly doing a 2-tone interior you can find good plastic paint, Krylon, and paint it yourself. I did the door switch plates on mine gloss black and they look brand new. With it being a 97 you will find it pretty difficult to color match. Only other way I could see doing this would be to hit up the boneyard and see what they have.

OP
OP
K

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I've considered repainting it. I just don't want it to look like crap when I get through with it. I would probably have to take the vents out and leave them the same color (not a huge deal though). A while back I thought I found a website that sold custom ones, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I plan on covering up my sharpie nightmare with some black Ace hardware rust stop. I tired a little bit of that crap on one of my panels and damn, it looks awesome and doesn't rub off

OP
OP
K

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I plan on covering up my sharpie nightmare with some black Ace hardware rust stop. I tired a little bit of that crap on one of my panels and damn, it looks awesome and doesn't rub off

How did the "Sharpie nightmare" happen? Haha

Thanks for the advice folks, looks like I will be repainting it.

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
why not paint the trim bezel body colour?

I did that with my head unit adapter and quite like the look.

It's quite a bit more subtle than the entire trim panel would be, but I think it would translate well

Exp_Stereo_01.jpg

My next step with this treatment will be to do the HVAC vent grills in the matching blue.