97 xlt "Door Ajar" Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grantikal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this light on my dashboard will not turn off. also my cabin light remains on even after the engine is cut off and wont turn off. So i removed the fuse and now my windows dont work. can anyone tell me where i can start by looking for the door sensors? i cant seem to find it and the haynes repair manual doesn't have anything on this..
any help will be appreciated..

xBrandonxx

Reaction score
try the wd-40 method first. mine just did that to me the other day for the first time since i have had it, and the trick worked for me. On you door where it latches, spray a lot of wd-40 in there and open and close your door a few time. it should "fix" it. mine sat for a min or two before it fixed, but give it a shot. keep us informed

Shadetree

Reaction score
Just to share my experience...I have the same problem. I sprayed WD-40 in all door latches but it hasn't helped...Any other ideas....?

sngltrck1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the wd-40 fix i had to do a couple of applications.

Blast 'em good then open and close the door "vigorously" several times.

Lastly .. don't forget the rear hatch and window. Good Luck!

PS. Make sure the in-cab switch isn't on!

hellrazer

Reaction score
i pulled the relay for the interrior lights in mine. it keeps everything else functional just kills interior lights. i believe it is the top relay in the interior fuse box. hope this helps i will be trying wd-40 method tomorrow.
Jason