98 espy 4wd 4.6, fuel line diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whiteshadow

Reaction score
Can't seem to find it online. I'm looking for a fuel line diagram. I have a leak around the plastic fuel line bracket that mounts to the frame between the gas tank and the frame, drivers side. There is a yellow and a blue covered hard line, and I'm wondering if there is a connector on the other side of the bracket or is there a hole in my fuel line. It only leak when the engine is running and it's not pouring out, just a slow steady amount of gas leaking.

05expedeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The shop manual shows a picture of the fuel system but it doesn't show anything specific as to mounts or connectors You may have to get under and start moving things to see what the problem is.

OP
OP
W

Whiteshadow

Reaction score
It appears the return line is the one leaking. This line is no longer available. Can I just use a rubber hose and some clamps? I know I'll have to cut a connector off the non pump side of the hose.

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had this issue a few months back where the return line started leaking where it turns into fabric, if your truck starts and runs fine but leaks fuel its your return line as a leak on the supply line would cause a no start or rough idle situation. the line is steel at the top of the fuel tank and turns into fabric along the side of the tank and returns to steel along the frame rail. it is not difficult to remove but I have to get the rear end of my truck on ramps to access the part near the tank. also the mounting bracket on the frame rail can be a real P.I.T.A. just make sure you don't damage the brake lines when your prying out the return line. the return line ends near the transfer case so its not very long. Yes, I used fuel rated rubber hose and hose clamps to repair mine as the dealer doesn't sell the line anymore and you would have to get one from a junkyard. So far no leaks at all, keep in mind the return side sees pretty low pressures and even the supply side is only pack a maximum of 30-60 psi so rubber hose is pretty much the only way to fix unless you are able to get a junkyard to pull one off for you

OP
OP
W

Whiteshadow

Reaction score
I had this issue a few months back where the return line started leaking where it turns into fabric, if your truck starts and runs fine but leaks fuel its your return line as a leak on the supply line would cause a no start or rough idle situation. the line is steel at the top of the fuel tank and turns into fabric along the side of the tank and returns to steel along the frame rail. it is not difficult to remove but I have to get the rear end of my truck on ramps to access the part near the tank. also the mounting bracket on the frame rail can be a real P.I.T.A. just make sure you don't damage the brake lines when your prying out the return line. the return line ends near the transfer case so its not very long. Yes, I used fuel rated rubber hose and hose clamps to repair mine as the dealer doesn't sell the line anymore and you would have to get one from a junkyard. So far no leaks at all, keep in mind the return side sees pretty low pressures and even the supply side is only pack a maximum of 30-60 psi so rubber hose is pretty much the only way to fix unless you are able to get a junkyard to pull one off for you

Yeah, that's what I'm planning on doing, just replacing it with rubber.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt