'98 Limited Slip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuel Jewell

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to upgrade to 4.10 gears and adding a clutch type L/S to the front. Also planning to overhaul the rear factory L/S while I'm in there. My question is is it like the old 9" traction-lock where you can add an extra clutch plate for more grip or maybe Ford offering a performance rebuild kit with improved clutches?

ediddily

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I believe clutch lsd's are preloaded by the spring. Put a stronger spring(s) in there to get the quicker grab. Or look into the Detroit trutrac helical worm gear lsd without the clutch and no rebuilding. I put the trutrac in my rear end 9.75 and I cannot spin the tires, it just grabs, even on loose gravel. I dont do much off roading but do tow 6klb trailer for camping and it was suggested to get lsd over locker for towing and unpredictable behavior on icy roads. Though you can get stuck with a lsd in weird predicaments, mud, or snow as I have.
I'm looking into rebuilding my front diff and put a lunchbox locker in the front.

Last edited: