99 expedition overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should have seen the shit show I had trying to release the ball joints on my father rust bucket plow truck. Went through 2 toque bits 2 pickle forks, a 1/2 breaker bar, a 3/8 ratchet and a sludge hammer. Still cant press out the uppers on the truck so I have to take the arms off, but that's a different story all together.

wow, my lower ball joints needed to be convinced out but with the right tool they came out easily enough the pitman arm was another story. had to saw that off with a hack saw and a torch to heat it. took about 5 hours. maybe more in the advanced auto parking lot. where I returned several sockets under warranty as I broke them trying to break the bolt loose. even broke a breaker bar..

OP
OP
L

lunchboxlust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been working 70- 80 hrs a week for almost 5 months so almost nothing done to the expedition. I have springs waiting to go in and I finally found plate to make my lift blocks. When I'm done building the blocks I will sell the blocks I bought that have never been installed if anyone wants them.

OP
OP
L

lunchboxlust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So haven't gotten a whole lot done but do have a little progress. I replaced the water pump, rad, thermostat and housing, over flow tank cap, rad hoses, both heater cores, front blend door and actuator. while i had the rad and other things out of the engine compartment I had a little rust on the lower rad support so I sanded it all down, primed it with adhesion promoter, por15ed it and used a flat black over coat just to nip it in the but before it had a chance to get out of hand.

When I took the dash out to get to the heater core I found all sorts of hack job wiring. Its bad. I think it is all from the car starter/ alarm. The alarm just fell out in a waded up heap when I removed the support frame that holds up the steering wheel. SO the dash has been out and even with out the bad wiring I can tell because bolts are missing and miss matched. The pass air bag was only held in with one bolt... very safe. I went to the junk yard and got some bolts out of an f150 just to help prevent rattling for the huge system I'm putting in.

i don't have the dash put all the way back together yet. I'm not completely confident that the front heater core and quick connects are not going to leak. The connection tubes are like an 1/8 inch longer and the quick connects would not fit no matter what I did. I found a hard plastic ring inside the connectors closest to the outside that wasn't even big enough to fit around the tube and the stock ones didn't have them so I took them out and finally I could get them on. what a huge ***** that was. Also I am using second skin damp pro and luxury liner pro up in there where I can.

Yesterday I started to tackle the big 4 and my mechman alt install

OP
OP
L

lunchboxlust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well after the heater core change and everything else my rig wont start. I crank the key and the solenoid clicks but it wont crank. I have double checked all the connections and unless I cant see it they are all plunged in. The shifter goes in and out of park. The solenoid only clicks when I try to start it in park or neutral. The fuel safety switch on the passenger side kick panel is pushed in. All my lights and windows work.

Not sure what it could be. I have the batt charging but I really don't think that will help. I did a quick Google search and I see that lots of people have had something similar but not exactly the same and what worked for them didn't work for me. I will keep reading but figured id post here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1