99 navigator valve cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jedd74

Reaction score
hi ihave an 99 5.4 dohc changing the valve cover gaskets I can not get pass side off . Has anyone done this job ? If so could you tell me what you had to remove/do thanks in advance

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By can't get it off do you mean it is still on the head or you can't get it out and off the engine?
I have the 4.6 and had to remove the heater hoses and harness out of the way. On the DOHC you have less room to maneuver. I would imagine everything would need to be out of the way.

sbar09

Reaction score
passenger side is a pain, drain your radiator, removed all hoses, actually removed the wire harnesses, just no way around that. If you are nimble with your hands, and good with universal sockets and extensions it can be done. Though this is done a lot easier with a top side creeper, blankets, and a WHOLE lot of beer. Definitely have two days to devote to it if this is your first time. You will need about 4 6" extensions, couple 4", 2 u sockets, and beer. Many of the bolts are better accessed through the fender wall. I didnt pull mine off, but if you have time, pull them off and go at it.

OP
OP
J

Jedd74

Reaction score
thanks everybody i had to remove heater hoses ,elec connectors ,and the sound absorb mat on fire wall I also removed the A/C accumulator bracket
to give me some space. It finally came out It was nasty though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt