+ A/C but no air up front...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WinterRat

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Expedition with the same problem. I have manual controls and replaced the blower motor resistor but still nothing. I followed these instructions to trouble shoot the problem. http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/ford/4.6L-5.4L/blower-motor-resistor-test-2

When I do the jumper wire from the 1 to 3 ports on the connector the motor does not turn on, but the blower motor will turn on when jumped to all the other connectors.

My resistance values are the same between the old resistor and new one. 1 to 2: 2.8 and 2.0, 1 to 3: 2.9kand 1.2k, 1 to 4: 2.0 and 1.4, 2 to 3: 2.9k and 1.0k, 2 to 4: 1.0 and 0.8, 3 to 4: 2.9k and 1.0k. I'm getting ohm values for all the resistor tabs and no OL (opens). This tells me that the blower motor resistor is good.

Next is to check the connector to see if that is good. Anyone know a way to do that? I am think turn the key to the "on" position and testing the voltage across each pin to see if I get a reading when the fan nob is in that position.

Is there another step to do or try before I go this far??

Mkt1

Reaction score
OK, I've been going through the threads looking for similar situations. Mine is: out one day, stopped at one store, came back & started car and no air blowing with front A/C. Back A/C is cold and blowing on all settings however front just stopped and is not blowing at any setting. There were no signs before it stopped -all speeds worked, the fan wasn't coming and going.

So, after reading other posts -I looked through all the fuses and all were good. Replaced the Blower Motor Resistor for auto air (still didn't work), replaced the front Blower Motor (that didn't help either). Replaced the Blower Motor Relay (#40 in engine fuse box) without success. Fortunately for others, theirs seem to be working by this point, but still no air blowing on mine.

Any suggestions as to the next steps before I admit defeat and take it in?

Mkt1

Reaction score
Drpa2000, did you ever find out what the cause was??? Im having the same problem with my 07 Navigator