A/C heat fan intermittant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Guy

Reaction score
I was reeturing from a boat outing. Towed it 20 miles there and launched. 4 days later, back onn the trailer on the road, at 55 with cruise on, O/D disabled. The A/C fan (we use them in Florida in nthe winter) would work as dialed, then go to idle.Then back and idle. Did this all the way home. After exiting the off ramp, while driving in the city streets, the fan was OK, but when accelerating the fan idle again. Without the tow it was OK. I did notice a hesitation going from standstill to city MPH, biut it was OK.
I dtermined that I had a vacuum leak. NO codes showed on the diagnostic meter. I took off the cover over the top of the engine, and at the real was a bunch of hoses. One was not connected to anything, but was very near a vacuum solenoid controlling the heater core water. I pudshed it back ion and the problem solved. I ty-wrapped the vac hose to the water hose to eleiminate any pulling of it, and a tp-wrap around the little hose at the vac solenoid.
I have replaced the door motors in the rear A/C nad one in the front, so I thought (incorrectly) that vacuum could not affect it. WRONG! If all else fails read the manual.
This is not a trol, but its info for others to use.
Merry Christmas to all, and Happy New year. Feliz navidad y feliz anno nuevo.