A/C & heat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAB1975

Reaction score
Started this week having cooling and heating problems. Will try to explain all the things I noticed.
- Blower on front a/c does not blow air or heat at any fan setting.
-Controls for front air and heat not doing anything. Changing temps, speeds, or vents does nothing.
- I don’t think the compressor is engaging. Usually I can hear and feel it a little.
- Rear air will blow air and let speeds change, but it is blowing at outside temperature only.

Thoughts? And thanks!
Adam

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AAB1975

Reaction score
Check fuses to front control and maybe see if A/C system is low on refrigerant.
Thanks! I checked all the fuses in both boxes that referred to anything about climate controls. I’m on the road so can only visually check the blade fuses, so I’ll check the others and the relays when I get home.

OP
OP
A

AAB1975

Reaction score
Quick update to add a comment about what’s happening - Today while I was driving around and the heat was set to on, it actually started to work again. When I turned the car off 10 minutes later at the store and then got back in, the heat wasn’t blowing again…
So this seems like it’s an intermediate failure.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like the standard burnt blower speed resistor harness plug. Look behind the glovebox area at the blower speed resistor. Inspect the plug, the harness, and the resistor itself for burnt or melted issues.

OP
OP
A

AAB1975

Reaction score
Sounds like the standard burnt blower speed resistor harness plug. Look behind the glovebox area at the blower speed resistor. Inspect the plug, the harness, and the resistor itself for burnt or melted issues.

You are the best!!! That is the problem. So next question… how do you fix it? Replace this connector?

Attachments

• 607B9202-303D-4E90-B9F6-40A7D125BB39.jpeg
    607B9202-303D-4E90-B9F6-40A7D125BB39.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire