A/C Heater controls not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2016 EL Limited. Recently my wife has been saying that every so often the A/C Heater controls won't work. I've driven it many times and never experienced this. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to upload a video actually. It's a video my wife took this morning.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed the system was in AUTO mode, with the set temperature at "LO". I also noticed the outside temp was 63. I couldn't tell if the "Auto" button on the controls was illuminated. So, I suggest turning off the AUTO mode and then turn the fan up manually. I'm thinking the system is saying "Hey...its already about as low as I can make it, so I don't need to do anything".

Another option would be to set the auto temp to HI. As long as the engine is hot, it should start blowing pretty quickly.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Kind of hilarious that you actually said that. I wrote that exact same thing to my wife a few hours ago when she was sending me video. YDYDciB.png

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But after that she said it's not on Auto and only thing that is working is the rear A/C.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But after that she said it's not on Auto and only thing that is working is the rear A/C.
I just noticed something else....the passenger side shows "Dual", but at some point in the video the knob for the passenger temp doesn't have the yellow light illuminated. Thats wonky.

EDIT: Just checked mine. Outside temp here is 65, set at LO Auto and the fan started blasting. Ignore my comment about the Dual indicators. When the display box is blue, that indicates Dual Mode is selected. When its white, it means it is not in Dual mode.

Looks like you've got an issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just noticed something else....the passenger side shows "Dual", but at some point in the video the knob for the passenger temp doesn't have the yellow light illuminated. Thats wonky.
Yeah that is weird. So I'm guessing the computer is messed up. UGH.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you set temp to LO that’s basically a wide open throttle signal to the HVAC system, no matter the temp at that setting it should be blasting AC.