A/C seats won't stay on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey everyone! It's only 100 here in NY so I can't complain too much. ;)

I am able to run my A/C no problem. It's nice and cold. When I go to turn on the A/C seats, the blue lights come on and go away about 1 second later. Both the driver and pass side do this. I had used the A/C seats about 2 weeks ago also. They seemed to work fine. I have not taken the truck to any dealership that would have disco'd the battery or messed around with the settings.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? Is it a setting in the climate control?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
A/C seats?! Damn!! Whats this world coming too... LOL First I have heard of them.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is cool AC seats.....lol... but that seems interesting that they don't work especially both.... wonder if it is something that has to be adjusted right... maybe the rear AC needs to be on? never had heated or cooled seats so no real help....

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
07 EL Limited. At 25K my heated seats did the same thing. Dealer stated some resistor or something like that. Warranty covered it, quick fix. RearA/C does not have to be on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So this is still an unresolved issue for me. I have not made the attempt to fix this yet.
I don't want to go to the dealer on this unless I have to.

When I turn on button for either the AC/air or heat, the button shows either blue for cold or red for about 1 second. Then it disappears. Both driver and passenger seat do the same thing.

I am not good with circuits, I am willing to learn, so I need a little advice on how to trouble shoot this.

I can post a video on youtube if needed.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might have to bite the bullet and bring it to the dealer.

TSB 07-21-6

10/29/07
CLIMATE CONTROL SEAT FUNCTION
INOPERATIVE - NO COMMUNICATION - DCSM -
VEHICLES BUILT PRIOR TO 8/31/2007

FORD:
2007-2008 Expedition

LINCOLN:
2006 Zephyr
2007-2008 KZ, Navigator

ISSUE
Some 2007-2008 Expedition and Navigator, 2006 Zephyr and 2007-2008 MKZ vehicles built before 8/31/2007 and equipped with climate control seats may exhibit inoperative heating and/or cooling. There are no diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) associated with this issue and IDS/PDS will not communicate with the dual climate control seat module (DCSM).

ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Turn the ignition switch to key on engine off (KOEO) position.

2. Run self test on DCSM.

a. If DTCs are present do not continue with this TSB, follow normal Workshop Manual (WSM) diagnostics for the DTCs.

b. If no communication with the DCSM, proceed to Step 3.

3. Remove power to the DCSM and wait a minimum of 2 minutes. This will reset the DCSM.

^ Expedition/Navigator - remove Fuse 8 in the battery junction box (BJB).

^ Zephyr/MKZ - remove Fuse 11 and 12 in the BJB.

4. Reinstall the fuse(s) and recheck for communication.

a. If communication does not return, refer to WSM, Section 418-00.

b. If the communication is restored by resetting:

(1) Expedition/Navigator/2008 MKZ - reprogram the DCSM to the latest calibration using IDS release 51.4 or later with patch 7. Calibration files may also be obtained at the website.

(2) 2006 Zephyr/2007 MKZ - replace the DCSM.

5. Recheck operation of the heated/cooled seat and for DTCs. If no DTCs return the vehicle to the customer.

Parts Block
WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT : Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

072106A 2007-2008 0.5 Hr.
Expedition/Navigator/2008
MKZ With Climate Control
Seats Built Before
8/31/2007: Reprogram The
DCSM, Includes Time For
The Diagnosis Described
In The Service Procedure
(Do Not Use With 12650D
12651D, 12651D4)

Matt

OP
OP
F

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It does look that way after your post.

Even if I get it to communicate again, it needs to be re-calibrated.

:(

Thank you.

mks8882

Reaction score
My 2011 did the same thing, neither heated or cooled seats would work. At first when you turn it on the light stayed on for a minute or so and went out. After that when you press the button the light wouldn't even stay on any more. Dealer said it was a loose connection under the driver seat. May want to check the wires before taking it in, worth a shot.