A little help please? loud humming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy

Reaction score
i have an '04 Expedition 4wd. I have front end noise/humming that sounds like deep tread on the road. I had the tires checked and that was not the issue. The tire guys thought it was a wheel bearing. I changed both wheel bearings and its still there. The wife seems to think its getting louder. The front end seems to be solid. I've checked balljoints, etc... Any ideas what else it could be?

BlackBeauty

Reaction score
My 99 kind of has same issues when im on throttle theres a loud humming noise but only on throttle. I dont know if its intake noise or wat but frig its annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
T

Tommy

Reaction score
...more

mine is not throttle based but more when the vehicle is moving at all. Seems to move with the pysical speed of the vehicle and not with the rpm's of the engine.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try doing sharp turns in a parking lot. Any popping or otherwise bad noises points to CV axles. Check the IWE solenoid in the engine bay. Also, rear wheel hubs could be the culprit. Try sitting in the rear seats to see if you can pinpoint where the noise is coming from. It might just sound like it is front end since that is where you are sitting.

BlackBeauty

Reaction score
I dont think my humming is bearings anywhere. Coasting down road. Hill or w.e just tap the gas for 100rpm diff and u can hear it. Kind of sounds like back left (emissions canister?) but i keep my head facing forward i hear it more. Doesnt bother me much i got other problems to deal with ( water leaking but i had that prob with my Beretta too so shouldnt b too hard to fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turro15