ABS dash light problem..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just replaced the wheel hub assembly with abs sensor. The dash abs light is on steady. Is there a way to reset this light? Im pretty sure there is no problem with abs. Thanks,

Reef

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well if the light is on, it means the ABS itself is turned off. I would guess that the sensor in the new hub is faulty. It just unscrews from the hub casing. Try putting the sensor from the old hub into the new one and go from there.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I agree with above. There may just be a bad connection.
The abs system is more 'active' than the check engine light. If it's on, there is an active fault.

I'm assuming that the light wasn't on before you changed out the hubs.

OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the light would come on intermittently . I thought it was because I chewed up the jacket on the old one with my tires. It seemed to only come on during rain. I would shake it and the light would clear.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well double check the plug at the harness. I had a problem about a year or so ago where I would be making right hand turns while also braking and the ABS would kick in. It also appeared after replacing a front hub. Could not stop the truck at times and drove right over a concrete island while parking one day. I had enough so I pulled the ABS fuse and do not miss it at all. Only problem is my light is on all the time too.

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did you coat that sucker with some oil before you stuck it in the rear diff??

OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did you coat that sucker with some oil before you stuck it in the rear diff??

I was the front passenger side. I did grease it up some. I will go out today and play with the connections. Aslo check the others.

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh check the one on the diff or just replace it that one is notorious for it!!! Happened to mine recently.. best of luck

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A scanner at a shop will tell you exactly which one... my shop did.... I already knew it was on the diff though from all the stuff online....