ABS Light and digital odometer prob.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davrober

Reaction score
Hello , I'm a new guy here. Just bought a 1999 xlt for a real good price but it basically had a few things that need attention. The abs light is and I was wondering if this is a common problem and what the usual fix is so I can get an estimate before I pick up the truck Monday. Im hopeing its the speed sensors or relay but are these truck suseptable to the abs control going out .
Second is the digital odometer flashes on and off . it reads the right milage but it goes off sometimes. Ive heard it's usually a weak battery indication but is there any other common things that might cause it . Thanks for any help. Hopefully these and a good inetrior cleaning and the truck will look and run great. :cheers:

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 99 and have never had the ABS light go on while I owned it. The odometer flashing is a connection problem which I've heard is somewhat common on these forums so I wouldn't worry about that, fixable.

wickman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 00 Expedition with the same problems. This is the second time in 2 years the ABS light has come on. I noticed it was on 2 years ago when I test drove the car. They took it into a Ford Dealer and had a sensor replaced. Now it is doing it again. As for the odometer, it has always done that. No idea how to fix it. I don't even really notice it anymore.

OP
OP
D

davrober

Reaction score
It picked it up in NJ today and drove it 120 miles home . 10 minutes after I left the odom came back on all the way home shut it off and when I restarted to go out it was off then came on after 5 minutes. I think Ill pull the panel and see if theres a loose or dirty pin or connection. Im going to put it on the obdII readout and check the code for the abs . I think its a sensor too.

wickman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you know if scanning it will tell you which sensor is bad? Or will it just say a sensor is bad?

OP
OP
D

davrober

Reaction score
Some obd scanners can read the abs codes but they are the more complex and expensive ones. Ill try the screwdriver:cheers:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205