Add Aux in to 2005 Ex

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdljpl

Reaction score
I want to add an Aux in Function to our 2005 eb ex. The stereo 6 cd changer has a sat button but no sat receiver. There are several after market Aux units avaiable but I can't believe that using the Satellite button (switch) to select an Aux in port for use with an ipod/iphone would be that difficult, but maybe I am missing something. I want to do two stock Ford radios.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
rdljpl, not intending to butt in on your post, but I too have an EB, and would like to know something along these lines. I would like to add an aux port for an iPod, but have not seen one that works with the 6 in-dash cd with a DVD player hooked up. Does anyone know if it is possible to hook one up with this system (all stock)?

OP
OP
R

rdljpl

Reaction score
Stoned 06, Not butting at all, We need all of the information we can get. Look up P.I.E. They have adaptors but they say they will not work if there is a factory DVD in the backseat but they will work if there are back seat stereo controls. Unless the Backseat DVD is using the Satellite button (switch) at the head unit I think that it still can be done but so far I have not found enough information to make a Aux in device to operate using that switch. P.I.E. devices sell for around $65 + installation if you don't want to do it yourself. I got a phone estimate the other day and they wanted about $250 for the device and installtion, but would sell me an aftermarket unit with GPS, MP3, phone and aux in capabilities for about $250 + installation. I realize these guys need to make a living, but being retired in this economy, I need to eat.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have seen the PIE adapters, but as you said they do not work with the Backseat Entertainment/DVD. The input on the back of the radio that the adapters use must be the same one for the rear ent., as other vendors say the same thing. If you find something out for the Sat Aux input, please inform us. Thanks.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
The cheapest, easiest way to do it is to use one of those RF adapters that plug in the antenna jack. Everyone that I know who has one is pretty happy with the way it sounds.

RUFFSTUFF

Reaction score
I want to add an Aux in Function to our 2005 eb ex. The stereo 6 cd changer has a sat button but no sat receiver. There are several after market Aux units avaiable but I can't believe that using the Satellite button (switch) to select an Aux in port for use with an ipod/iphone would be that difficult, but maybe I am missing something. I want to do two stock Ford radios.

You can get what you need directly from the dealer, I'll see if I can get a part number...

OP
OP
R

rdljpl

Reaction score
Thanks Ruffstuff: I have high hopes that I can get this done. Even a wiring diagram that shows the sat receiver would help.

xchosen

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but did anyone figure this out? I have an 04 that I would like to use the IPAD with. I also have the rear dvd setup that my kid will being using.

augiegator

Reaction score
You can buy a PIE FRD03-AUX/S plug and play auxiliary input converter (I bought mine from Amazon for about $65).

It will allow you to use the SAT button on the radio to switch to an input jack that you can plug your Ipod, MP3, DVD, etc. in to.