Adding power to pass side seat of 97

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaggedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found some power heated and cooled front seats i want to add to my 97 e.b. has anyone tried this or is power already there?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correction the 97 and 98 expys did not have the heated seat option according to the wiring diagrams. They became available in the 99 model year so you may have to add wiring for them in your 97

OP
OP
BaggedExpy

BaggedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks bedrck47 for the info. Im going to pull the pass seat out and look for a plug. I dont mind adding little bit of wiring. Im just not looking fwd to adding all that wire to make a pass seat power.. i mean.... i will i usually got spare time lol

Do you or anyone have a diagram for the seats?

The doner seats are 01 02 navi..

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correction the 97 and 98 expys did not have the heated seat option according to the wiring diagrams. They became available in the 99 model year so you may have to add wiring for them in your 97
got a 98eb with heated seats & (fwiw) mirrors

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even if his truck has no wiring there, with all the controls on the seat, how much would it take? One circuit "hot at all times" for the seat motors (which could come from the driver's seat) and another "hot in acc. and run" for the heated function (and ground). Negative knowledge on what it would take to make the cooling function work.

Is that the PINEY way of doing it Actually its a little more than that as you do not want to tie the second seat into the first seat. Each seat requires its own fused 30 amp circuit

OP
OP
BaggedExpy

BaggedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even if his truck has no wiring there, with all the controls on the seat, how much would it take? One circuit "hot at all times" for the seat motors (which could come from the driver's seat) and another "hot in acc. and run" for the heated function (and ground). Negative knowledge on what it would take to make the cooling function work.

Thats what i was thinking of doing.. just running power from drs seat. Just not sure about two seats running off one fused wire.. if itll work ill do it that way..