Adding skid plates to 2018 Limited with tow package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acepilot13

Reaction score
So I'm doing the 3 skid plate installs since I bought a used 2018 limited and it didn't have any protection under it. Was missing almost every cover. I will be making a YouTube video to show how to install it. Just coated all of the skid plates with iron about truck bed coating from harbor freight and am very happy with how they turned out. Will post a consolidated list for what you need if you have fasteners still in the frame.20230905_201926.jpg20230905_201935.jpg

KenK

Reaction score
DavidN, See my earlier posts about installing combination of RCI, Raptor, and OEM plates on my 2018.
I also live in the Katy area if you want to look at it.
Where are you seeing the parts prices? I still need to pick up the oil cover for the Raptor transmission skid plate but am seeing prices around $50 instead of $25.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well after a lot of googling I figured out my oil access panel issue. For anyone doing this now the raptor transmission cover part changed slightly. It still fits perfectly; however, the oil access panel part is different than what is listed in this thread.
The part number is HL3Z-7222-D,
Attaching hardware is:
Bolt (3qty) W500623-S439
Nut (3qty) W520813-S439
Thanks for the heads up. I got the HL3Z7222b access cover and ran into the same problem. I was tight on time and ended up elongating two of the holes and adding one to get the access cover to work. Wasn’t fun for the cost of that little panel by my local dealer parts person was pretty sure this was the only access panel he could get.

Attachments

• IMG_0759.jpeg
    IMG_0759.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 13