Adjust headlight angle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikegigabyte

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just put on a 2 inch leveling block in the front springs, now at night my headlights look like they shoot up really high over cars, so much I barely see the road unless I run my bumper driving lights. I looked at the housing and see 2 screws, as seen in my pic. I just need to lower them. Which screw and is there a general distance they need to be set at. I park in front of a garage door so I can use that to set the height if needed. May be hard to see but I put arrows where I think the adjust screw is, I think its the one that faces downward in the hole.

IMG_0026.jpg

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've found the aiming of my headlights to be a pain, at least doing it the way the manual states.

Technically, all that is need to adjust is turning the "adjuster" screw (the red arrow on the right in your picture.) Counterclockwise for down, clockwise for up. Uses a 10 mill socket. You might need to loosen the other two screws, so the headlight can actually "travel" up and down..

If your headlights are like mine, that stupid thing doesn't do anything. On one trip, I went to tow something, and quickly realized my headlights were pointing at the sky because of the weight in the back. Rumaged through my car, and found some plastic spacers about half an inch thick. I put the on the top screw (see picture), screwed everything back together. Worked. I've been running them like that.

IMG_0026.jpg

Try the adjuster screw. It might work for you, but if it doesn't do the spacer idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mikegigabyte

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for the info, will try this weekend. will probably do the spacer thing as it seems to be easier to do.

Got it adjusted, but it was the left screw in my previous pic. The right screw did nothing and I needed to go far down so loosening the light unit wouldnt work. Its a pain to do that little screw but now it really lights up the road, probably have been adjusted wrong from day one, what a difference it made.

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, didn't notice you have "posted" again. :)

Make sure you aim them, as per the instructions in the manual. Wouldn't want to be blinding oncoming traffic, now would we ;)

OP
OP
M

mikegigabyte

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there's an instruction manual? I think they are lower then stock, as I can see the beams in the road now, I think before the front lift I couldnt see the beams on the road. it was hard to see at night before without the driving lights, now I can see more on the ground so im sure they are low enough at least lower then stock. what I would like to know and could not find online is if there is a max height / distance for the beams, that way I could measure to see if they are legal.

Anyways ive always blinded little cars, cant help that:cheers: