Advice, please: Is this a good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaDeDa99

Reaction score
I could really use some help and advice from some Expedition experts:

I have always driven small sports cars and recently got an opportunity to drive a 2003 Expedition. I thought I would hate it.

Man, I was wrong. It's a sweet ride, even if it is as big as a tank.

As it happens, my father's company is selling off some of its surplus vehicles. One is a loaded 2003 Expedition XLT. It was driven by one of the executives who travels the state. For that reason, it has a ton of highway miles, but like all the company cars, it was well maintained (regular oil changes, never bad tires, etc). Here's the deal:

- 2003 XLT Loaded
- Dark green
- Luggage rack/running boards, etc
- Leather interior, decent shape
- 125k miles
- Decent tires
- Price: $7,250

My question: Should I go for this?

If I hate having to drive this big car in town, which is where I do most of my driving, will I find it difficult to find a buyer for an Expedition with so many miles?

Thanks for your help and advice.

toocivil

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First check edmunds.com or kbb.com, kelly blue book, to see if the price there asking is fair. Next have a mechanic you know and trust give the vehicle a once over. If everything checks out go for it. However, be aware that a vehicle with that many miles could have mechanical problems pop up here and there. Thats not bad if you can buy the vehicle without a loan. You may only have to spend some money on it every few months. Instead of a car payment and repair bills.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not a bad deal especially if you already have another vehicle. Money for upgrades and repairs should be set aside just in case.....
Matt

JoeExpedition

Reaction score
I can tell you that I now have a 1998 Expedition XLT and its great. It also has 125k miles on it - the only mentionable work was new front ball joints at around 100k miles.

Be sure to check or get all the essential Ford recall change-outs. A few of them are important safety must-have changes!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69