Buying Advice on a 20-21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bearcat

Reaction score
We are a family of five and I am sick of our Honda minivan. Nothing but problems, same ones over and over after getting “fixed”. So with three kids I like the space in the expedition. I have been looking at 2020 and 2021 Limited and XLT (with non-cloth seats and moonroof). I have found several that seem nice but a few of them are listed as rental vehicles on their carfax. Should that be concerning? Also, since I am in Ohio and near the Canada border I have seen multiple Expeditions that came from canada, i.e. CARFAX and sticker shows Canadian but was imported for the USA at some point in it’s life. Any concern there? If there is any other buying advice on things to avoid please let me know. Just looking for something reliable (50k miles or less?) that will last a long time. Thanks in advance for any comments/advice.

ccssid

Reaction score
Look for a 2021 late year under 36000 Still will have 36000/ 3 year bumper to bumper. CPO if possible. Get an ESP from online dealer ( ie; Ziegler, Flood.). Will be reasonable at this point. Look the dealer straight in the eye and have him commit to fixing anything you find wrong with the car while still under 36k/3 year terms. And that you will get a loaner.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look for a 2021 late year under 36000 Still will have 36000/ 3 year bumper to bumper. CPO if possible. Get an ESP from online dealer ( ie; Ziegler, Flood.). Will be reasonable at this point. Look the dealer straight in the eye and have him commit to fixing anything you find wrong with the car while still under 36k/3 year terms. And that you will get a loaner.
agreed - Check for delayed shifts or any shifts you can feel as harsh. Also, watch out for the annoying turbo wastegate rattle at Cold start and also the phaser rattle at cold start