After market console for between 2nd row bucket seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Lucas

Reaction score
If all you're looking for are drink holders and a place to put a few personal belongings, check out the 2020 Explorer. They have a new "Pass-through second-row console". It's perfect for this as it allows you to move between the middle captain's chairs to the thirdupload_2020-4-27_22-1-55.png row. Gonna call Ford Parts tomorrow and check it's price.

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One nice thing about the 2015 Explorer console was the way the lid opened the console would be flush with the second row seats. You could still haul stuff this way. But, the navigator console isn't designed like that.

Is the 2015 Explorer console a direct mount? How does it preserve cargo space? Is it just shorter in height than the Navi console?

If all you're looking for are drink holders and a place to put a few personal belongings, check out the 2020 Explorer. They have a new "Pass-through second-row console". It's perfect for this as it allows you to move between the middle captain's chairs to the thirdView attachment 35763 row. Gonna call Ford Parts tomorrow and check it's price.

If this mounts directly I may make this move. My wife was looking at the 2020 Explorers and its a really good setup. I find extra storage spaces in the backseat inevitably turn into trash bins for the kids.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the 2015 Explorer console a direct mount? How does it preserve cargo space? Is it just shorter in height than the Navi console?

Yes it bolts to the floor. You may need some sort of custom bracket arrangement to make sure it's safely secured. What makes this design different is the way the lid opens. On our 2015 Explorer 2nd row console the lid was hinged at the *front* so that when it opened the overall height of what remained matched the height of the seats on either side.

I don't remember the Explorer having "Cargo" mode for the 2nd row seats. With the seats folded all the way down in an Expedition, I don't know whether or not an Explorer console would stick up higher than the seats on either side. You might have to try it to find out.

Here's a video on the Explorer console. This says it's the 2016+ style. I don't know how much that differs from 2011-15. Note the same console may also be used in the Ford Flex:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If all you're looking for are drink holders and a place to put a few personal belongings, check out the 2020 Explorer. They have a new "Pass-through second-row console". It's perfect for this as it allows you to move between the middle captain's chairs to the thirdView attachment 35763 row. Gonna call Ford Parts tomorrow and check it's price.

Huh

Can't hardly call it a truck, but they sure made the Exploder into a damn posh minivan