Aftermarket choices.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speedbird184

Reaction score
Hey Expy folks,

I'm looking for a head unit with GPS and back up camera for my 2005. I came across this on Amazon and would like to know if it's a good choice and if the type of backup camera makes a difference. It looks like this one is attached to the license plate frame; is that sufficient to get a clear picture of what's behind you?

https://www.amazon.com/Pumpkin-Loll...id=1470967485&sr=1-22&keywords=double+din+nav

Furthermore, I think I read somewhere that if you replace the OEM stereo with something like this above, the rear seat DVD player will stop functioning. Is this true and is there anything that can be done to avoid this?

Drive safely.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes that will work and the camera will work fine as well...the overhead dvd I believe will stop but u can buy a harness to keep that...not sure what harness but many have done and told which to buy on here...keep searching

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I for one would be somewhat leery of something that contains so many malaprops and grammar errors. I would personally consider another alternative. What's the warranty? How can you get warranty service? ISO connection could be somewhat troublesome, don't know, never looked it up. You'll have to rely on your smartphone for maps/nav? Or how much is the Map SD card that says is available? Who does these maps? Are the steering wheel control interfaces built in or do you need an adapter (if you want to keep the SWC)? The thing about using your phone for navigation is when you enter a dead spot, you lose navigation. I would try to get a wiring diagram before doing anything just to see what is needed for a successful install in your Expy

botts

Reaction score
yes that will work and the camera will work fine as well...the overhead dvd I believe will stop but u can buy a harness to keep that...not sure what harness but many have done and told which to buy on here...keep searching
You know this gen of expy better than I do, but I know on the 08-10 models, the DVD player will still work with the infrared headphones, but will not play through the stereo with a standard harness.

Denethor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Expy folks,

I'm looking for a head unit with GPS and back up camera for my 2005. I came across this on Amazon and would like to know if it's a good choice and if the type of backup camera makes a difference. It looks like this one is attached to the license plate frame; is that sufficient to get a clear picture of what's behind you?

https://www.amazon.com/Pumpkin-Loll...id=1470967485&sr=1-22&keywords=double+din+nav

Furthermore, I think I read somewhere that if you replace the OEM stereo with something like this above, the rear seat DVD player will stop functioning. Is this true and is there anything that can be done to avoid this?

Drive safely.
Pumpkin (and many others) make a head unit that is direct plug and play for Ford, complete with steering wheel control. They even try to make it look stock by the buttons being close to OEM look.
such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPEX348/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1