Aftermarket parts. Need answers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well, i need to get ready to mod my truck!

I need suggestions for parts/where to buy and all that kind of stuff.

obviously, first thing i want to do is lift it!

I want to do a 4 inch lift, don't really want a body lift.

want to put atleast 35's with a 10x9 wheel

Also, takin' off those ugly running boards and putting some BLACK nerf bars.

i also really want to modify the horn? sounds kinda girly. and when you lock the car.. the "beep" sound. i'm not sure if thats bonded with the horn or not, but yeah.

also, i want to remove the panels inside the car and get aftermarket ones! black is sort of where i'm aiming.

i don't want to be "blacked out" but i do not want any chrome on the vehicle. (i think it looks ghetto, plus it's hard to clean)

any suggestions?

I also want a nice BLACK grille... not chrome.

Also, need to get new head/tail lights.
(i like the look of walnuts' lights. might get those.

any other suggestions, guys?

thanks so much for viewing.

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lift= Fabtech if you can afford it and if your gonna take the suspension apart do it right the first time...

Horn= beep with keyless is part of "girlie horn" so only thing to do it find stock horns and buy replacements and wire them in place... or if you really wanna have fun and have extra cash look into a "train horn kit"... it is on my dream sheet...lol

Door Panel= I'm not too familiar with aftermarket ones but have seen them painted.. look for thread about "black out interior"

Steps/headlights/taillights= look on ebay for stuff you like.. some say it is junk but I have had good luck just do some research before you buy... I can try and find the companies I bought from if you want

Grill= Ebay has many billet grillles cheap and also have a black mesh one I have been looking into but haven't seen a matching bumper insert so I am sticking with my billet grills...

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lift= Fabtech if you can afford it and if your gonna take the suspension apart do it right the first time...

Horn= beep with keyless is part of "girlie horn" so only thing to do it find stock horns and buy replacements and wire them in place... or if you really wanna have fun and have extra cash look into a "train horn kit"... it is on my dream sheet...lol

Door Panel= I'm not too familiar with aftermarket ones but have seen them painted.. look for thread about "black out interior"

Steps/headlights/taillights= look on ebay for stuff you like.. some say it is junk but I have had good luck just do some research before you buy... I can try and find the companies I bought from if you want

Grill= Ebay has many billet grillles cheap and also have a black mesh one I have been looking into but haven't seen a matching bumper insert so I am sticking with my billet grills...

thanks again for the response man. i know the fabtech lifts are expensive, but they're obviously quality.

are the Truxxx lifts any cheaper? or atleast what brand is a good price and is quality? (i don't want something that'll need to be replaced anytime soon)

i'm looking for a 4-5" lift.

i basically just want the cheapest most efficient way to get her up atleast 4 inches... lol

is there anyway i could get 2 2.5" leveling kits?

Last edited:

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a rancho 4" lift on mine, with 35" tires. right now running 18x9 rims but was running 16x10. as for lights and stuff like that, i agree with walnuts. that is where i got mine (smoked tails and smoked lightning headlights and corners). as for black panels, not gonna find them. either have to take them in and get them done at a shop or paint them yourself. i am in the middle of blacking my interior out. take a look at the expy teardown thread, i think i have some pics in there of some of my interior pieces painted. when i get to the door panels, i will take some more pics for you and let you know how they turned out.

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You and I are heading in very much the same direction here, I am going for the blacked out big mean machine.
please feel free to use any ideas you like or to change the maround to fit your style, or just tell me my ideas suck.
as for the Chrome, Duplicolor makes a kit called SHADOW it's a two part spray paint that will turn chrome into "black chrome" another idea is a faux carbon friber, if you want some details about ho to do it please PM me, I have a wierd way of looking at these forums PMing me will ensure I get the message. I am also removing my poopy stock step bars and going with a single hoop step on each door ( painted black with an anti-slip black pad on it. as for the horn, go with a good high quality 12v air horn (preferable a 3 tone) that should get the job done (would could also SHADOW it or just gloss it black). On your door panels they sell spray paint at your local auto parts store, (same plalce you'd find dupli-color SHADOW) and pick up a few cans or black paint for vinyl. and any other kind of "regular" spray paint in black (gloss, matte, satin, flat...if your into contrast) or any other color for a two-tone effect.
For my Large list of ideas please check out my thread here http://expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=6902 Please everyone add any comments, ideas, questions, any problems to look out for, ideas coolers than mine, or neat mods you did. I love to chat with fellow car nuts.