Air Spring to Coil Spring Conversion Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

celticfdguy

Reaction score
I have responded to other threads in regard to the air suspension to coil over kit and had't heard anything back so I figured I would create a new thread.

The air pump on my air ride suspension on my 2001 Ford expedition Eddie Bauer no longer works. The rear end of my car is totally to the ground but the front is not. It seems to be at stock height. Rather then dealing with the air-ride anymore I decided to take the conversion route. I was told by the guy doing the work the front end of my truck has springs already... That being said, do I need the below kit? I have already ordered it but would return it for the rear end portion to save some money...

Here is a link to the kit and a picture of what my truck looks like.

MONROE Part # 90010

20120920185129952.jpg

OP
OP
C

celticfdguy

Reaction score
But do I need to do the front end of this kit? Is there air ride in the front or just rear? The front isn't sagging, just the rear end

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
C

celticfdguy

Reaction score
Anyone?? I want to return this today and order the correct parts if in face the front of the truck does not have air-ride at all and only the rear needs to be replaced...

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont have air ride on mine not sure what to look for on the front to see if it has it on the front(might be as easy as seeing an airbag like the rear). But at $200 dollars for all 4 shocks, springs, etc. Might be worth it to replace everything now. So you know it will be good for awhile. But that is just my opinion.

districk81

Full Access Members
Reaction score
air spring conversion kit

just for the 2 coil springs @ auto zone its like $350 so $175 for the springs and 4 shocks aint to damn bad. if you're really strapped for cash just go get you some springs from the junk yard

OP
OP
C

celticfdguy

Reaction score
I am due for my inspection here in NY. The check suspension light is illuminated still... Will I pass or fail you think? Not sure if it will throw a code in the computer and fail me or not.