Air suspension acting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bertro

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet and ordered the strutmasters convesion kit, plus spacers (3" front, 2" rear). I should have them in a week or so. Bye-bye crappy air ride!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

samuraj

Reaction score
to late to make switch for monroe ? strutmaster has bad opinion , I`m happy with my monroe conversion .

OP
OP
bertro

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
to late to make switch for monroe ? strutmaster has bad opinion , I`m happy with my monroe conversion .

Really? I heard good things about them. I'm using the model with the Eibach springs and life warranty, not the cheaper model with chinese springs. Anyway, it would cost too much to return them now. They're already in the mail.

Btw, how difficult are the suspension nuts and bolts to remove? I took a quick look at mine and they look rusty. Should i spray them with some WD40 the night before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
bertro

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could I do it without an impact wrench? Like with a power bar?
I called my Ford dealer today and they want 5 hours of labor to do it. I was like WTF, people at home do it in like 3 hours...

samuraj

Reaction score
power / breaker bar , maybe danger , your car my slide off from jack stand , U need to put big force for this bolts.
4 hours job min. left side are ease , right side will take longer , location of solenoids lock clips are problematic.......

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
monroe...strutmasters...i went suncore...its like asking what tires you like to ride on

OP
OP
bertro

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I realized that I migh as well just let the ford garage do it. The amount of tools I'd have to buy to do this properly would come very close to the price of the 4-5 hours of work Ford quoted me. So I'll let the pros do it.

I'll report back after the job is done (scheduled for the 13th).