Air suspesion - actig strange - 98 Navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Stan

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - but - my problem is in the front of the car - not at the rear.
This is front passenger side that drops when engine is turned off. The rear stays even.
And all bags/air shocks has been replaced new a year ago...

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my bad - I didnt read it all the way through.

If you have inspected the front bags and you see no signs of punctures, that just tells me you have a leak either on the fitings or the line to the compressor itself. I wish we can inject a dye into the air line and see where the leaks would be.

never had to deal with the fronts - an idea would be to plug the lines to the rear (from the compressor) and use a mityvac to see where the leak could be

Snapshot

Reaction score
I just had the same issue not even a week ago. I noticed it whenever I would idle for a long time. My front passenger side would constantly raise and lower whenever I would be sitting in it. I rolled down my windows and listened to it and I heard air bleed out from it. I got on eBay and ordered a new air strut (or whatever you want to call it) for about $87 (it was a Monroe). I put it on and never had any other issues since. I looked at my old one it looked like the seal that keeps the air in had completely blown out. I hope this helps!

OP
OP
S

Stan

Reaction score
Hi. Yes - that gives me some picture here - but my Nav doesn't ride up and down, until it is stopped and turned off. Only then - passenger side drops about a inch while drivers side stays where it was. And, I have all 4 bags / air shocks one year old - think too soon to be worn ?

OP
OP
S

Stan

Reaction score
I made some progress - I looked under the car, and found that torsion bars were badly uneven - the screw from the passenger side was about half inch less in, than the other one. I screw it in, checking the level, and not it is straight. Booth when driving and on parking.
So what is left is the excessive compressor work. I have been looking with the soap solution but found nothing so far...