Airaid Review Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit395

Reaction score
Well I traded in my 2004 Expy for a new 2011 Expy EL that was left over at the dealer. I am thinking of getting the Airaid CAI kit for it, but at over $300 I have to wonder if it worth the money. Can anyone give me their opinion on their results with the kit. Is there a noticable throttle response improvement or a noticable MPG improvement? Are there any cons with the kit or can it cause any damage or ruin the MAF sensor due to the oil? Please let me know your opinions if you have this kit.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After years of running K&N CAI's on various vehicles, I tried an Airaid on my old 05 SCrew. I wasn't that impressed, pulled it off and went back to K&N. When I got the Expy, didn't mess around and went right to the K&N again! Nothing bad to say about it, like it.
No worries about the MAF, just don't over oil the filter after servicing it. Throttle response is much better and you get that cool SUCK sound under the hood.

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my opinion unless you plan lots of HP mods the CAI of any company is a waste of money. the stock air filter flows plenty of air for 500hp and it pulls cold air stock. The removal of restrictions [sound traps and deadners ] from the stock intake hose would be the most cost effective measure.

OP
OP
Bandit395

Bandit395

Reaction score
So it does not sound like these kits offer any tremendous improvements. Perhaps a better throttle response, but no significant MPG improvements. I can't see dumping $300 on a kit that offers such minimal gains. Any one with other benefits or gains chime on in.

EricH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I for one did not get the K&N because it is oiled.
Airaid is a dry filter. It's good for 50,000 miles.

It was worth $300 to me for the bit of improved throttle response but also for that deep chug one hears when they step on the gas. Plus, let's admit it, it just looks better when popping the hood.

So, yes for me it was more about sound and appearance. But the same could be said for dual exhausts and aftermarket wheels. Minimal results but with maximum appearance/sound. ;)