Airbag light on 2004 Eddie Bauer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CountrySplatt

Reaction score
Does anyone have some troubleshooting tricks on the airbag warning light on the dash?

I tried a couple different OBD readers, and no DTC is getting triggered/logged. When I start the truck, the light flashes a few times and then turns solid. This happens whether someone is sitting in the passenger seat or not. I know some soda was spilled into the seatbelt connector on the passenger seat several years ago, so I figured that was where I would start. I am just confused because my limited troubleshooting skills point to it not being the passenger seat being the problem (given the lack of DTC and no changes with occupancy).

Any ideas?

OP
OP
CountrySplatt

CountrySplatt

Reaction score
Are you using ForScan app to read codes ? Your code reader must be able to read SRS codes. Most of the cheap ones don't. Use ForScan or Blue Driver or any other code reader that states it will read SRS codes. If the SRS light is on, there is a code stored.

ForScan Downloads

Blue Driver on Amazon

I didn't think to check for that. Neither of the readers I was using will check for SRS... OOPS! Thank you for that!! Let me get one ordered that will read the SRS module. Thank you!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire