Alarm chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EXPIWO

Reaction score
Hi !

Hope you can help me...

when closing my 2003 Eddie Bauer with the remote (press twice), there is a pretty loud chime from the horn when the alarm system is activated.

Is there any chance to deactivate just the chime?!? My neighborhood is very quite and I dont want to make such noise late in the evening...

... but just the horn not the alarm system!

Thanks for your support!!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by alarm system? As in an actual alarm that is activated when someone breaks a window, or the PATS (passive anti-theft system) which just doesn't let someone start your car without the key.

The PATS is activated with just one click. You're fogs, parking lights, and rear lights will flash once, signifying that the system is active. Also, the little red blinking light in the front of the dashboard will start to blink.

It was my understanding that you only clicked the clicker twice for audible confirmation that your doors are locked (it chirps twice if a door is open.)

OP
OP
E

EXPIWO

Reaction score
HI !

When reading the manual I thougt I have to press the clicker twice to activate the PATS. The first click for mechanical lock and the second click for the PATS, connected with the horn.

But understanding you right, I can just click once and the PATS-system is completly locked?! And it is not necessary to press it twice ?!

Thanks for your help!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, as long as the red little light in the front of the dash is blinking, the PATS is activated.