All in one key and remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been looking at them on Ebay as well. Most of them so far are not compatible with my 2012 KR so I've been waiting. You know you'll have to take it to a decent locksmith or Ford dealer to get it programmed since you only have one key?

OP
OP
01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know about getting the key programmed. I had to go through it on our Mountaineer after the wife lost the keys. Maybe I'll buy and see if I can program the remote. If it doesn't work I can give it to my grandparents for their Lincoln.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This looks awesome! Either one would be a big improvement over the original key/remote. How much does it cost to get programmed? Are there forum sponsors that can program for us by mail?

OP
OP
01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your best bet is going to be calling a lock smith to find out. It's been a long time since I had to get our keys programmed. I want to say it was $150-$160. But that was him coming out, cutting two new keys, programming the keys, and two key fobs.

Expypate

Reaction score
I have a 2012 and it did come with two factory remote head keys. I'm in the lock business and the original Strattec keys are expensive, so the best option is to just get the standard non transponder keys as extras. (You can always program remotes as needed). This will keep you from having an issue with lost keys and save you a ton of money. The keys cost me like $7.00.

You need to find a bigger locksmith or dealer who has the equipment to cut and reprogram all the keys. Once you have two, then you are good to go. It's a big investment, so not many locksmiths take the plunge. $5K+ to start.

The need to have two keys started on the expedition in mid 99.

Last edited:

Mustangjac

Reaction score
I bought the second one you have listed. Works like a champ, aside from the hatch. It won't unlock the glass. But the other buttons work perfectly.

-Jac

OP
OP
01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the second one sitting in the truck. I was able to program the remote part of it. I still need to have the key cut and programmed to the truck. I was waiting until I did that to post an update. It's good to know it'll work though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69