All new front suspension and possible suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

damojocon

Reaction score
I have a 2000 2wd Eddie Bauer with the 5.4L. I have 195K on the clock and I'm doing a general half-ass overhaul. I had a blown headgasket and leaking serious coolant. It had some minor front end damage as well from when I bought it. So essentially

So I have it completely torn down right now as far as the front end and the engine compartment (engine still in, but from the block up has been removed). I have amazing access to all things steering and suspension and it doesn't look to good. While I have it all apart I want to replace every single component so that it will be essentially factory new. I've read through quite a few threads over this and I think I have a full list, but I'm not positive.

upper control arms
lower ball joints
inner and outer tie rods
pitman arm
idler arm
sway bar links and mounts
shocks and springs
struts
track bar? (I have no idea what or where this is)
and bushings for everything I have listed that has them

Is this every component that makes up the front suspension system? Also what components should I/ can I replace on the steering assembly?

Related: I want to do a 4" suspension lift and since they don't really sell kits for 2wd expi suspension lift, I want to fabricate my own. Since i'm already doing all the front suspension work what i'm wondering is what all I need to replace with other than "stock size" replacement. I mean obviously I need different shocks and springs, but other than that what else from above component list would I need longer, tougher, different versions of various components?
I guess the next question then is if I lift the front end with all new parts and everything, what would I need to do in the rear to complete the lift with all new parts?

Thanks for all the help, this is my absolute favorite car in the world and I want to bring it to showroom quality and above. My goal is to never have to see it die and eventually do a full restore, rolling project style.