AlphaTherm AT-38OD heated washer fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For anyone that's ever driven in icing conditions, you know that regular fluid usually doesn't help and the HVAC defroster sometimes can't keep up. Colorado typically doesn't have those conditions, but I bought this over a year ago when I was driving about 150 miles a day and never installed it on that vehicle.

So anyway, I decided to install the AlphaTherm in my Expedition. I am continually amazed at how a full sized vehicle such as the Expedition really doesn't have any spare real estate under the hood. But I spotted a nice spot in front of the washer reservoir below the headlight.

Install is easy- finding the space really is the hardest part. A couple screws to secure it. Hook up the lines from the washer pump and the nozzles. Hook it up to the battery. Done.

The weather hasn't been such that I can test it, but it should work.

AlphaTherm Heated Wash AT-38OD

70DB4859-DA7A-4E28-BEB1-77A1D1FF7910.jpg
F16D9887-342E-4308-A625-4FAD87A5973D.jpg

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something to consider is the amount of temperature drop in the line between the unit and spray nozzles.

OP
OP
ExplorerTom

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's certainly not going to be sprayed out onto the window at the same temp as it leaves the heater, but it will be warmer than without the heater.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even so I wouldn't want to shock the windshield with a drastic temp difference. One thing I've noticed here in GA is that the washer fluid doesn't freeze in the tank but will once sprayed on the windshield and thinned by the wiper blade. Just love the new EPA friendly mix.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even so I wouldn't want to shock the windshield with a drastic temp difference. One thing I've noticed here in GA is that the washer fluid doesn't freeze in the tank but will once sprayed on the windshield and thinned by the wiper blade. Just love the new EPA friendly mix.

I have experienced this up north as well.