another CAT issue and questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roman04

Reaction score
Guess its my turn to repalce my cats.. :fca5278d:

the last couple of days i have noticed that rattling can sound coming from under my 04 5.4 XLT. It seems to only happen after its been running for about 30 mins and when on P or N. nothing on R or D. The sound is louder under low RPM's, once i start driving/rolling it goes away. I got under it and tried hitting the cat with a hammer, didn't really sound like anythign broken. No codes or CEL yet.. So I know i will need to replace the passenger side cat, so might as well do both, I dont want to spend twice the money on labor. (installed a flowmaster 40 last year)
I have read most of the threads here and searched the web too, still undecided on what to do.

so here is my ??????'s

have you had this issue?
what did you do?
rear cat delete? PICS PLEASE...
which do you reccomend/stay away from?

thanks...

Roman04

buildingdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
why not go with cat deletes. Unless you have local emissions testing that doesn't allow it. I cant do it here in CA and parts here are about 3k. I believe you can get away with taking out the rear 02 sensors with no codes... There are others here that have done it and hopefully they will comment.

matt

OP
OP
R

Roman04

Reaction score
why not go with cat deletes. Unless you have local emissions testing that doesn't allow it. I cant do it here in CA and parts here are about 3k. I believe you can get away with taking out the rear 02 sensors with no codes... There are others here that have done it and hopefully they will comment.

matt

thanks buildingdoc...

I have actually thought about that, have been reading lots of threads on forums about this and it seems like my next move. Im a bit confused on the Y pipe.. once the rear cat delete, can any reg pipe be used or do i need an actual Y or X pipe? this weekend im planning on hitting a few muffler shops to c how $much$ the actual damage is going to be. I have also read about the GOTTS O2 mod, so im prepared to do that in case of the CEL.

I c you are from the OC.. im originally from there.. Santa Ana to be exact. - actually heading out there next weekend.. :)

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me know if you need cats. I have IN STOCK bullet style 100% stainless see through hi flow units available.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpember1990