Another type of Grills other than Billet Grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Another type of Grills other than Billet Grill?

Usually, a lot of people simple replace the front grill with the usual aluminum billet grill whether it be the usual horizontal line type grill or the occassional vertical line grill (like some Navigator folks do).

Are there any other type grills out there and if so, can you point to a link?

I've seen pictures of punched hole type grills and some that look like cross wire grills, but don't know the appropriate names of these different types of grills to do a proper search. Any grills that I do conduct a search for is always the aluminum billet grills.

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am getting a Street Scenes Speed Grill.

Billet is WAAAAAAAAAY over done now, isn't it!?

DO a Google search. Thousands of sites. But not all have one for the 03 Expy. They run around $250.

I'm waiting for "permission"... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
G

Went with Street Scene

Thanks Monsta.

I went with the Street Scene grille (center grille and lower valence). I think it looks great and it's different from the usual Billet grille that I see on other trucks. I think most people usually get Billet grille because I don't think they're aware of any other type of grille out on the market (just my guess).

The stock grille just didn't give enough protection to the radiator for my taste.

SSE_03_Exped_Val_Grilles_Big.jpg

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats! The big gaping hole is very annoying!

Now questions!!

1. Do you have an XLT or EB?
2. If XLT, any problems installing the lower part?
3. Price?
4. Where bought?
5. Ease of install? (Did you do it yourself? I'm a DIY kinda guy.)

and lastly...
PICS!?

:)

OP
OP
G

Okay. I got the grill. I'll go ahead and take pictures of the install and do a write up of what's involved. I don't usually get home until it's dark, so this might take awhile. Hopefully by this weekend, I'll have everything done.

I ended up getting the grill at

Stylin' Concepts

since they had it in chrome and appeared to offer a good price compared to other sites. Some places I called up was confusing the Satin finish with the chrome finish.

I have an EB, but a buddy of mine has an XLT. I'm thinking of installing my EB lower valance on his truck since I probably won't have much use for the center grille and lower valance grill.

Was thinking of chroming the tow hooks, but decided it might be cheaper to just paint them silver and then put a few coats of clear coat on top.

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya know...I may be interested in buying both of the OEM grills from you.

You see, EB are satin and XLTs are an ugly black.

You can email or PM me. :)