Any Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok i have changed all i can to fix the problem and its still doing it now and then... I am thinking maybe its the main computer

The abs light
the gas to empty
air ride
reading of miles
all goes out together but when its gets low on gas it all comes back on , put gas in it then it goes out again..

We switched out the BCM , Check all connections in dash , fixed all wires to air ride system , replaced with new plug for the compressor..

I am out of ideas now, auto store said it could be the computer or the wiring harness to the computer... I am thinking computer

Anyone have any ideas please... Thanks guys..

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Is the air ride functioning ok?

Everything your describing sounds as if it could be an instrument cluster issue if it is strictly related to the indicator lights.

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no the air ride goes in and out with all the other stuff... its very confusing...

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i forgot to the mention, its only the back passenger side where the air ride acts up the rest stays up

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Sorry.... not familiar with the air ride and how it functions. You may need to school me on what it is or not doing.

One thought I had was possibly the instrument cluster may have been "tweaked" when and if the odometer fix was performed. But think this would only effect indicator lights and not the actual systems.

Another thought is the gem module as most systems are routed through it except for the engine and tranny.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
i forgot to the mention, its only the back passenger side where the air ride acts up the rest stays up

What are the odds all these systems run in a common harness leading back to the fuel tank. May be worth examining the harness leading back in that area for any signs of damage. Would check grounds back in that area as well.

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The abs light is most likely the one on top of the pumpkin very common.
The air ride sucks get it switched out
The mileage cluster well that is common give it a good rap on the faceplate
The fuel sending unit is probably bad and that will give the gas gauge those weird fluctuations

Good luck

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmm thanks guys... gonna be going through everything and checking it one by one...thank goodness i have an extra vehicle

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Are you 100% certain all the systems mentioned indicate failure simultaneously? If not it could easily be actual problems with the individual systems rather than one central cause.

This previous thread you started was somewhat similar....

http://www.expeditionforum.com/f16/tons-issues-help-18980/

These were different systems but all could still have been attributed to the gem module. This would again point me to possiblities of gem/fuse block issues.

They were never addressed previously correct?

Its possible the gem/fuse block is intermittently getting moisture in it causing issues. Any heavy rain recently or possible sources of getting water into the vehicle?

Last edited: