Any Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you put on a diagnostic to see which ABS I am telling you it is the one on the pumpkin
The dashboard well who does not have that and the fuel sending unit is shot... classic description of that problem... let me know I want to see if I am smart or not

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you put on a diagnostic to see which ABS I am telling you it is the one on the pumpkin
The dashboard well who does not have that and the fuel sending unit is shot... classic description of that problem... let me know I want to see if I am smart or not

We are here to help, not gauge intelligence...

Anyways, this might be hard to produce depending on where you live, but can you get the ABS to engage while the light is on? Use a dirt road or something maybe. My point is, if you can get it to engage while that light is on, then it is not in the ABS system, rather it is something electrical turning the light on and off. If you cannot get it to engage and the wheels lock up, that means the system is off, and then we need to narrow down why it is being turned off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We are here to help, not gauge intelligence...

Anyways, this might be hard to produce depending on where you live, but can you get the ABS to engage while the light is on? Use a dirt road or something maybe. My point is, if you can get it to engage while that light is on, then it is not in the ABS system, rather it is something electrical turning the light on and off. If you cannot get it to engage and the wheels lock up, that means the system is off, and then we need to narrow down why it is being turned off.

I live on a dirt road, it breaks loose when i want it to, but never really paid attention if the light was on or off.. I will try this today...ty for the info..

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Ok i have changed all i can to fix the problem and its still doing it now and then... I am thinking maybe its the main computer

The abs light
the gas to empty
air ride
reading of miles
all goes out together but when its gets low on gas it all comes back on , put gas in it then it goes out again..

We switched out the BCM , Check all connections in dash , fixed all wires to air ride system , replaced with new plug for the compressor..

I am out of ideas now, auto store said it could be the computer or the wiring harness to the computer... I am thinking computer

Anyone have any ideas please... Thanks guys..

Hello TA..

I am just trying to understand what your describing to be going on. From your post above I assumed you were getting an indicator light for the following.

ABS, Low Fuel, Air ride and odometer. And these all come on simultaneously but go out when you refuel. Is this correct??

If not please clarify. Give as much detail as you can. When it happens. Conditions leading up to. After large rain storm, 4 wheeling etc...

Honestly the odometer issue is so common I would consider it unrelated. The fact that you state that they all go out and come back on together is a key piece of information I keyed in on. So verification here is critical to at least my diagnosis. Multiple systems can fail at the same time due to water intrusion, 4 wheeling, corrosion etc... but the odds of them happening simultaneously are slim to none. If that's the case I believe there is some common factor and that's why I suggested gem module, short in the wiring harness, instrument cluster and grounds.

Last edited:

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would think the GEM also, if replaced then the wires leading in and out of it should be checked, for shorting ..

Electrical stuff can be a Big PIA , good luck !

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will try to explain the best i can...

This has been going on for quite some time...it all started after i went mudding...

The 4x4 stopped working wouldnt switch over etc so i switched out the switch plug and the module on the transfer case, ok fixed that problem

Thats when everything else started... the abs light has been on for a while ... but then the gas to empty went out , the odometer stopped working , then i started to notice that the passenger rear was sitting low and my air ride compressor never kicked on.. we switched out the GEM , took my white face guages off thinkin it was shorting out...

Now a few weeks ago my radio started blinking on n off and then all of sudden it died and wouldnt hold a charge, found out my alternator was bad, replaced it, then low and behold everything stated above started working... air ride kicked on... gas to empty came on.. abs light came on ... all these yes all at once started working...

We have checked all the wires below and seem to be fine... i really dont know what else to do... first im told wiring harness going to computer may be bad, then main computer, fuel sending unit... gem module... so rightnow i am so confused as to where to start...

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes as far as everything working after i refuel.. but didnt do it this time...my truck is possessed i tell ya and im about ready to drive it off a freaking cliff.... dont get me wrong it still runs great but all these issues at once are driving me insane..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you were referring to me about being rude I am sorry was not trying to be. And about judging my intelligence come on man you know I was joking. So again from what I have read I think the dashboard is unrelated like another poster. The ABS light you just mention has been on for awhile now. Again if you change the one on top of the pumpkin if you cannot put it on a diagnostic machine that is probably your issue with the ABS. So the real problem is the fuel gauge reading zero going to full when empty and whatever else you mentioned and I will say it again I really think it is the fuel sending unit.. Best of Luck