Any solutions to WAZE going crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjess

Reaction score
I have a 2022 XLT and this is the second time WAZE starts behaving very erratically, like there was a GPS problem, the car appears in different streets than where I am really driving, it jumps around, and starts giving random directions and alerts, but in reality, there is no GPS problem because Google Maps is working fine while WAZE is nuts.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2022 XLT and this is the second time WAZE starts behaving very erratically, like there was a GPS problem, the car appears in different streets than where I am really driving, it jumps around, and starts giving random directions and alerts, but in reality, there is no GPS problem because Google Maps is working fine while WAZE is nuts.
Strange because both Waze and Google maps use your phones GPS (Android Auto/Carplay). Nothing to do with Ford Sync.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think this has anything to do with your vehicle. Waze itself is junk, I've been done with it for a while. There are way too many issues for it to be useful anymore.

OP
OP
J

jimmyjess

Reaction score
Strange because both Waze and Google maps use your phones GPS (Android Auto/Carplay). Nothing to do with Ford Sync.
Yeah, super strange since Google maps works flawless on the Expedition and Waze is the one going nuts; then I disconnect the phone from SYNC to use waze (I enjoy that it warns me about police traps), and in my phone it works perfect, as soon as I reconnect to SYNC it starts acting up.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel waze is not as useful as it used to be. Last time I used it on a trip there may have been 1 time where it said there was police and they were actually there. I understand they can move around, but I would have expected better results. A few years ago it was a small percentage where they weren't there, now it was flipped.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, super strange since Google maps works flawless on the Expedition and Waze is the one going nuts; then I disconnect the phone from SYNC to use waze (I enjoy that it warns me about police traps), and in my phone it works perfect, as soon as I reconnect to SYNC it starts acting up.
It's because Waze app isn't playing nice with AA which is strange because Google owns Waze. Still nothing to do with Sync. The device mirroring is just that. It's all in the phone. All the Sync system does is the projection.

Mack444

Reaction score
@jimmyjess still wondering if you are on AA or CarPlay. Have you tried system or app settings?

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well Waze not working properly has nothing to do with your vehicle as everything is handled by your phone (and your phone is just projecting to the infotainment screen). Have you tried resetting the app in your phone? If you are on Android, try clearing the cache and app data.

Dahammer

Reaction score
Waze, Apple, Etc, work off your phone's GPS. Put your phone on top of your dash for the best reception. Also, if cell phone coverage is spotty, that too will throw off GPS. GPS uses cell towers as location finders and not satellites in the sky.