Anybody going to tune theirs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
we have a livernois tune on our 16 explorer platinum and it runs like a scalded dog!! Anybody think they might play with theirs? I am pretty sure I will!!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We ordered a Navigator and this will be the first car I’ve owned that I leave stock. I don’t even think I’m installing my radar and I don’t feel like installing the dash cam but feel like it’s foolish these days not to.

OP
OP
E

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have had the tune since the first week we owned it. Never even a hint of an issue. That extra power is VERY nice. When we discussed getting the expedition, she said, will it go like my explorer? LOL

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have had the tune since the first week we owned it. Never even a hint of an issue. That extra power is VERY nice. When we discussed getting the expedition, she said, will it go like my explorer? LOL
What kinda gains did you get over stock?

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And will it void the warranty or do you take it out if you need service?

OP
OP
E

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well believe it or not i have a great tuning shop right down the road, and just for fun, we took it to dyno before and after the tune. prior we had 320 to the wheels, after 406. This was with the Livernois Motorsports tune, air filter and MAP sensor. I strongly recommend them for anyone wanting to play with an ecoboost. they are very knowledgeable.

it had a 5 second 0-60. consider the Porsche Cayenne Turbo has a 5.1 0-60. the only time i ever "raced" it was at a light with a Cayenne Turbo. Older gentleman. when i noticed what it was, i made a little lurch forward and he followed suit. i quickly disabled the traction control, power braked to 2500 RPM and left him questioning his $120,000+ purchase!!!! Seriously, it was about 3/4 car length to about 60-70. lotsa fun. it is my wifes daily driver though, so it typically didnt see near as much fun as when i drove it.

I am definitely going to miss it. it is a great performing truck. i live in the mountains of western NC/NW GA and it is a barrell of fun to drive. it actually handles pretty damn good and with the AWD and wicked acceleration, it is fun to drive. i have forced many a sports car to pull over on the passing pull off spots.

OP
OP
E

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And will it void the warranty or do you take it out if you need service?
i never needed to do anything so i dont know. i do know you can flash the stock tune to it if need be. i was willing to roll the dice!!

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We ordered a Navigator and this will be the first car I’ve owned that I leave stock. I don’t even think I’m installing my radar and I don’t feel like installing the dash cam but feel like it’s foolish these days not to.

I agree. I have only added the front and rear dash cam to my Expedition. People whom haven't seen it want to check it out, but typically drift over into my lane while doing so. Sigh. Dash cams provided an additional sense of insurance to avoid the he said- she said. :)

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree. I have only added the front and rear dash cam to my Expedition. People whom haven't seen it want to check it out, but typically drift over into my lane while doing so. Sigh. Dash cams provided an additional sense of insurance to avoid the he said- she said. :)
I wish all the cameras the Expy and Navi have would just also function as dash cams instead of having to put aftermarket ones on. As far as the tubing goes, as someone else pointed out that I wasn’t aware of is the closing of the warranty. I’ll pass at least until that expires before I would even consider it.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I currently have a 2013 Taurus SHO with the performance package & livernois tune.
I also have a 2016 explorer sport with the Livernois tune
Love both vehicles but they were kind of lackluster before the Livernois calibrations
Taurus will do 0-60mph in under 4 seconds now
Explorer has over 50k miles on it now with absolutely no issues
Would never purchase an Ford ecoboost without recalibrating it with Livernois tune
Plan to purchase an expedition this fall when deep discounts are offered
will order the Livernois calibration the day I buy it
Really improves throttle response, hp & torque:winner_first_h4h:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev