anyone had experience using this headlight restoration kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought it yesterday and thought I'd give it a shot today but seems like a crap load of work if it isn't effective so thought I'd check here. Any experiences?

Attachments

• 7560003_ttl_t240kt_pri_larg.jpg
    7560003_ttl_t240kt_pri_larg.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 241

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3m kit comes with a drill bit, pop it on and tape up the light and your done in about 15 min (both sides) ex wife had a sebring which is horrible and known for having foggy lights and this would do the trick

Sent from space using taptalk

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never used that but have read a lot about using a dual action buffer such as the Prter Cable 7424XP and similar products... which results in a lot less elbow grease being used.. check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/ where I spend a lot of time besides this forum

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i used the meguiars kit...i didnt get the results i was after but i could tell a difference comparing my rt/lt headlight on my wife's car...my drill was/is a POS...need to upgrade to 14v...16v...anyway...you will need to do it a few times to get it GOOD...unless i just wasnt doing a good job...FUKKEN wax cleaned up the discoloration quite a bit and made the headlights look better...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would have gotten the 3M kit. Make sure to seal the lights after you're done.

I don't like that the damn 2nd gen lights light to get heat cracks. I still have them, even after polishing them, since it's more "within" the plastic.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...FUKKEN wax cleaned up the discoloration quite a bit and made the headlights look better...

I ordered a three pack a few days ago. Looking forward to it coming in. Hadn't planned on using it on the headlamps though... my plan was to try and restore some of the plastic door trim which has faded. I'll take before and after pics and let yall know how it turns out (both the turtle wax and the Fukken)