As issue..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legendary70

Reaction score
hello.

My 2013 El is having issues keeping ac cold. When I'm driving above 40 its fine. When I stop it is not as cold. I hear the fan in the front going off...loud too. Have not checked freon. What could it be? 5hx

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hello.

My 2013 El is having issues keeping ac cold. When I'm driving above 40 its fine. When I stop it is not as cold. I hear the fan in the front going off...loud too. Have not checked freon. What could it be? 5hx

Your vehicle has two fans - on that turns on every time the a/c is turned on (or the engine temperature is too high).

When driving at 40 mph, there is enough air forced through the condenser and radiator, so the fan is not needed.

I would park the vehicle, turn on the a/c - and see if BOTH fans turn on. If not, there is probably a problem with the fan motor, connector, wiring, relay, etc.

Your vehicle year does not use Freon.

OP
OP
legendary70

legendary70

Reaction score
OK. So there are two fans up front? in front of radiator? thx

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK. So there are two fans up front? in front of radiator? thx

Usually there are two electric fans - behind the radiator (engine side) - which pulls air through the a/c condenser (mounted in front of the radiator) and then though the radiator.

You may have to remove the plastic radiator close out panel (on top of the radiator) - which often spans the grille and rear of the fan housing. The panels are usually black plastic and held on with black plastic fasteners.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluesharktooth26