auto-locking 4-wd hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kasius

Reaction score
I threw a weight on my tire and had a friend balance all of them on tuesday, while they were off and it was on the lift my beer and i did an inspection of some sorts under neath. I found the front wheel hubs were locked. It wouldn't spin the other axle but when I turned it back and forth it would move a little bit. I was under the impression that when you selected 2wd drive everything unlocks in the front, hubs, axles, and the front diff for economy, less rotating mass.. I will be the first to admit I am not a very mechanic savvy fellow but on my toyota it unlocks. Should they be unlocked. Can I tear into it and clean every thing up and put it back together? I rebuilt my toyota with a haynes book as my guidance. Worked out all right, this seems a lot more complicated though. Any help would be appreciated, the dealer closer to my house say they dont know!!! and the manager wont call back!!.

ROCKSBITE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the exp is a different animal. if you have ever taken the front axle out of a front wheel drive car the exp is very similar. it uses "drive flanges" and unit bearings. if you wanted manual hubs youd have to swap f150 parts. and i dont know if they even came with them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69