Aux/Upfitter Buttons or Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJerryBowen

Reaction score
So as the title suggests I am attempting to find solutions for upfitting some switches and buttons for lights and other accessories on my 2017. I want this to be as stock and as factory as possible. Basically, I have the standard non-4x4 version of the Expedition and do not have the hill descent control button on the dash between the power liftgate and TSC button. I would like to try and use that as a button if possible. I know it is a plug-and-play module you can buy, but I don't want to burn $30 on something I won't be able to mod. I also have the trailer brake module but do not use it. Like, this truck has not seen a trailer since the one it came off on the lot and I don't plan on ever using it. Can you get a storage pocket for that area and will I run into any problems with that coming out(On-screen errors, lights, or codes)? Attached is a pic of what mine pretty much looks like minus the dial for 2H 4H 4L, which is a coin holder.

I'd also love to hear any other suggestions for this. Keep in mind I'd like to make it as factory as possible. If anyone else has done something similar upload your pics so I can see what you did.

2017 EL Limited 2wd2017-Ford-Expedition-Interior-01-760x507.jpg

Okgearhead

Reaction score
I would’ve loved to have a Raptor style switch panel , but couldn’t figure out where to put one and make it look good , so this is what I came up with, they’re out of the way, not real noticeable,

5EFA8751-EA33-4AAB-AAA5-7FC4E9E0BD47.jpeg

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put this light/siren controller in the little tray in front of the shifter. Laying flat, it takes up about 2/3 of it, and you can't even notice it's there. I did drill a hole through the bottom of the tray to run the wiring, but again, you can't see that. It can control anything 12v.

-4165-9f3a-e4394b44ec41._CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970__.jpg

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put this light/siren controller in the little tray in front of the shifter. Laying flat, it takes up about 2/3 of it, and you can't even notice it's there. I did drill a hole through the bottom of the tray to run the wiring, but again, you can't see that. It can control anything 12v.

-4165-9f3a-e4394b44ec41._CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970__.jpg

Do you have a link to where you bought it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1