backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$15? dont quote me...i have a GREAT KNOCK OFF site...fake jordans!!! $40!!! i'm going to try one day...if they hold up and look good compared to my real J's...i'll go for the timberland boots!!!

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
throw this in ebay "Night Vision License Plate Car Rear View Backup Camera" and it is the one I got. Paid 22.98 delivered off of ebay from ai_wholesale somewhere in the US. I am relatively happy with it. However it is not wide angle and is nothing like the one in the wifes Infiniti - but it does the job. I will try and remember to snap a pic of the pic in my headunit and post it up. It also helped when I was pulling a tree by myself so I could watch to make sure I did not damage anything. I would have preferred one that has the grid lines (http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICK_CAMERAS.htm), but I mainly use it to make sure no one is back there. Hope this helps, Mike. Oh and yes I used some crappy speaker wire I had laying around because I ended up being about 10' short - it was the kind of wire that comes with cheap speakers when you buy them. I just butt-connected and taped and have not had any problems. I also just used one of those T-connectors to splice in to the revers wire. I have not use those before and probably will not again.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not yet...im in massanutten...in the mountains of VA...next weekend...if the wife lets me...

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok. You know that my purchase of one hinges on how yours turns out. Just kidding. Somewhat. ;)

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here is the view from my $20?? camera. I can point it down more when the hitch is on. New to this pic thing, so we'll see how it works
photo.jpg

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sweet!!! did you and me PM each other with the how to stuff?

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think so. I meant to take more pics while doing it but did not get many. I think the most irritating part was trying to get the video cable thru the factory grommet coming out of the tailgate (i think I have a pic of that). And, in hindsite, I would have run the wire thru the other license plate light. but you really can't see it anyway. the rest was pretty much pulling panels routing the speaker wire. also almost all of my clips from the hatch portion stayed in the hatch instead of coming off with the panel, so that was time consuming pulling them all out and bending them back in to place. I picked up the reverse wire in the drivers kick panel (mine was black with violet). Hope this helps some, Mike