backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes - from ebay. It is not wide angle but it serves its purpose. I bought from a US seller so i got it within a couple of days

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ordered my rear view camera. Hopefully it will come this week and i can get it installed.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like we wont be doing anything this weekend...game on!!!

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm late to the party again. Busy with work and all sorts of stuff.

In march I purchased a 2008 Eddie Bauer. The wife wanted a Bluetooth compatible head unit, and I wanted to add a rear camera. Did some research on www. Crutchfiled.com.

I wound up buying a Jensen HU that came with a "free" camera. Took about 3 hours to swap out the head unit and install the rear camera. The hardest part of the install was "fishing" the power and video cables under the headliner up to the front of the Ex. I chose to install a switch (In place of the audio in outlet on the dash) to operate the rear camera. This way I can turn the camera on whenever I want - whether backing or not.

The Jensen camera is great. I mounted it in a location similar to Mtondero. Running the wires through openings already in the tailgate. I had prvioulsy installed some flashing LED's (Whelen LIN 3's) on each side of my license plate, so I had no problems pulling the tailgate apart.

Hopefuly this weekend I'll get some time to wash the Ex and take some picutres of the HU, camera and the additonal Whelen emergency lighting.

Marc

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see this is just the camera. Does anyone have a source for an inexpensive monitor for it?

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah when I get mine installed this week Ill get some pics up and some pics up of my new fiberglass subwoofer box attached to my liftgate.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well now i may not do it this weekend either...car shopping for another nissan altima...3rd gen...they totalled the car...

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to attempt to post a few pictures of my camera and the display on the head unit.

The license plate is authentic and matches the plate on my F-250 (FIREFTR).

Marc

Attachments

• IMG_1724.jpg
    IMG_1724.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1725.jpg
    IMG_1725.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 125

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to attempt to post a few pictures of my camera and the display on the head unit.

The license plate is authentic and matches the plate on my F-250 (FIREFTR).

Marc

what the lights on the side for?

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The lights are Whelen LIN3 flashing LED's. One is red the other clear. I use them when responding to fire/ambulance calls.

I have pix posted in aother thread on this site.

Marc