Backup sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterlizard

Reaction score
Newbie to the forum, and first time poster... I have a 2008 expy XLT, I tow a trailer frequently and would love to know how to disable the backup sensors while backing with the trailer so I don't hear the constant beeeeeeeppppp. I looked in the manual and it said to go through the instrument options while in reverse, but I've had no luck there or I'm completely missing something. Any help would be great. Thanks!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If you have the message center, while in reverse, hit the reset button for the message center in it will turn off reverse sensing for that time. When you restart the truck and go into reverse you will have to do it again. As far as I know, you cannot turn it off.

Park aid.JPG

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are you using a flat four or 7 pin trailer wire connector?
sometimes the flat four will not let the car know your carrying a trailer and not shut off the sensors.
my 06 superduty would do it every so often with the flat four, so i changed the boat trailer to a 7 pin .

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just hit the reset button on the dash when you start to back up with the trailer. It should cancel it temporarily. Next time I put mine in reverse it is active again.

OP
OP
W

Waterlizard

Reaction score
are you using a flat four or 7 pin trailer wire connector?
sometimes the flat four will not let the car know your carrying a trailer and not shut off the sensors.
my 06 superduty would do it every so often with the flat four, so i changed the boat trailer to a 7 pin .

I am using the 7 pin when towing. It just isn't a option in the message center

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like svfetter, said, if you have a reset button on the dash for the message center, hit it while you are in reverse and see if that cancels the alarm for you.

diamondrn

Reaction score
You can choose the "Off" setting when you first put it in reverse. You have to reset it each time you turn the ignition off and back on again; as long as you are towing something.