Bad Luck continues......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have always liked Ford products. They are great trucks and I would never want to talk trash about them but in the last 3 weeks my truck has been to the shop 4 times.....replaced a cracked intake manifold the first time and a #4 coil pack.....a week went by....then my truck started running hot on my way to class one day, they fixed a stuck thermostat....then another week went by....# 1 coil pack went out...Now my truck started to run hot and spew coolant out of the resevoir AGAIN! luckily i was pulling into my garage when this happened. Im going to chalk this up to bad luck, I really cant afford another truck right now or a vehicle for that matter. I really like my truck but its starting to really aggrevate me. I guess I just needed to vent. What I think is so funny as all these alternative cars I have looked at recently cant touch the mileage that some of the Expy owners have. Its unbelievable. I just wish mine would be nice to be and not make me dump money into it. anyway....Just wanted to get that off my chest

ecqm8000

Reaction score
I think that is just how life goes sometimes. Feast and famine. I wouldn't think twice about continuing to maintain that vehicle. In "it's" lifetime, how many issues have come up? I get customers in here that swap a $20K engine one month, only to have a tranny ($5K) go out the next month. Some of these trucks have huge mileage on them, most earn money. It does help when I'm working on my own Expo that I tend not to spend the same kind of money when it comes to maintenance. Hang in there.

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well my truck is a 2000 with 76,000 miles on it so I dont understand why any of this is happening. I do know that I have a blown head gasket and or a cracked head probably due to the fact that my thermostat got stuck closed one day and it ran hot. I thought I caught it before damage was done but apparently not. So there goes more money. I love the truck, but somethings got to give

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh and according to the owner I bought it from and carfax, there were no issues with the vehicle. Who knows. He probably is lying through his teeth. I personally think some things are snowballing